Charging overtime

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:55:41 EST

In a message dated 11/15/01 7:36:32 PM Central Standard Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:

> The short answer is, it is overtime if all of my appointments are full. If I
> add appointments after that, I am eating into time I designated as personal
> or for other responsibilities, and I am rarely willing to do that at the
> regular charge.  Maybe you all should know that I quit my last job because
> it placed too many demands on my time, so I am determined not to let that
> happen with this job.

Clyde

I can certainly agree with your assessment. But I have a question for you.
Have you ever found yourself done working before "quitting time"? Maybe there
was a cancellation, or you got done faster than you anticipated. What I am
getting at is that some days you work 10 hours, some days maybe 7. Some weeks
you work 50 hours some weeks only 35. In the long run, it will balance out.
So scheduling an extra tuning here and there should not be considered working
over time. But that's my opinion.

Wim