Noisy Action

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:55:13 -0800

Subject: Noisy Action

> I noticed that the jack regulating buttons were noisy, too, and was
> wondering how in the world I was going to steam them??  The dental pick
> idea sounds good, also I guess you could needle them.  Thanks to all for
> the advice!
> Clark Sprague, RPT

        Clark,
            I've found the best way to remove the reg, punchings is to
remove the entire hammer rail. It's attached with machine screws. I  first
scratch two reference points on each bracket to ensure getting it back in
the exact place it was . Once removed you can lift each whippen high enough
to scrape off each punching with a knife. I've found that a small snap knife
works best. Reglue with the closest size. I think Schaff's smallest reg.
punching works well. Before reinstalling the hammer rail I regulate the
jacks to the line on the rep. lever then with the rail in place regulate to
the knuckles with your prefered method. You can do this in an  an hour or
so.The key is removing the hammer rail as it's otherwise difficult to get at
those little buggers.
    Tom Driscoll