key levelling -- crown?

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 20:19:04 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 15, 2001 8:00 PM
Subject: Re: key levelling -- crown?

> >You don't believe the keyframe arc gives the piano more sound?
>
> (Mayday, calls for an arguable logically supportable opinion - dive!
dive!)
> I'm not sure we have the evidence to make that call Phil. I believe
> something more than an opinion would be in order here. Perhaps if  someone
> were to produce some research results and a couple of pounds of
> documentation, I might find the premise more compelling. (ah, that's it -
> nothing to get a handle on here - hey, this ain't so bad)

I'm surprised at you, Ron. Surely you've checked keybed crown in each of
those S&S pianos you've put new soundboards in. Haven't you? You haven't!
Why shame, shame, shame. How do you know the degradation you've been blaming
on the soundboard wasn't really the fault of the collapsed keybed?

Well, what's done is done and I suppose there is no way now to go back and
undo all the damage you've done. But! Don't get caught in this viscious
circle again.

Del