Charging overtime

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:30:50 -0600

Clyde,
At 06:44 11/15/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>   I charged 50% more than my normal rate.
>
>Thoughts?  Do any of you do this?

Yes!
         FAILURE TO PLAN AHEAD ON YOUR PART --
DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MINE!

(in plain font- Failure to plan ahead on your part does not constitute an
emergency on mine!)

This is on the instrument request sheet we use here.

For my private tunings?
- I classify hurry up tunings as emergencies.
- Emergencies cost extra.

How much is your "off" time worth to you? Charge accordingly!!  I have also
charged for travel time (shop rate) for emergencies. (I already charge a
mileage fee outside of a given local radius.)

Charge extra for "overtime"?? Sure, why not. Just be up-front and
_consistant_ {customers have been known to talk amongst themselves}.

Make and stick to a fee schedule.
Normal fee = $$
Evenings/weekends = $$$
Emergencies (less than xx days/weeks in advance, etc.) = $$$$

TANSTAAFL.

Conrad Hoffsommer -
I live in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here.
mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu