Seiler Pianos

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:45:07 -0600

----------------
>Keith Jones, Associate Member, PTG

I don't know much about the Seilers specifically, since I don't have any
among my clientele, but their Membrator System seems to consist of routing
a channel partially through the top of the soundboard panel following the
inner rim perimeter. It's intended to function as a sort of hinge to allow
the soundboard more freedom of movement. Not a bad idea, in my opinion,
especially in the bass. Certainly better than diaphragmming panels in
compression crowned boards (quicker too), especially in the treble, though
I can't say for sure what it does for rib crowned systems.

Don't know what their tone stabilizer is unless it's a cutoff bar. The
advertising I have doesn't indicate. I do think their magnet system in the
verticals is clever, though again, I can't say first hand how effective it is.

Ron N