Stability & speed

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:19:04 EST

In a message dated 11/15/01 1:55:23 AM Central Standard Time,
kccs@netralink.com writes:

> Hi list
>
> I'm using a tuning hammer with an adjustable handle.  Would it be correct to
> give the handle more length on pianos with tighter pins?  Does the length of
> the handle play a roll in the stability or speed of a tuning?  How about
> some advice from some experienced technicians.
>
> Best regards
>

> Kallie Swanepoel
> South Africa

Kallie

A longer handle on a tuning lever will help turn tight pins easier. That's a
physics thing. Whether it will help with the stability or not has to do with
hammer technique on your part. You should set the pin the same way, whether
it is a long or short handle.

Wim