String termination devices

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:58:47 0000

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:39:37
 Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> [...]

----
Maybe not so similar.  They don't have the separate bearing rod, but along the same
lines.  This is certainly not comprehensive.  Just some that I'm aware of.  Mostly older.
Some newer patents might contain something more similar to your idea.  Some of the
ones below are almost exactly like the idea that I described.

29061
164988
215089
238733
292580
356971
440251
493748

Obviously we aren't the first to have ideas along these lines.
I wish there was better documentation or record keeping available to us about these
ideas.   Usually when I think I've got a good idea I'll look around and find out
some person or several persons have already had the same idea.  Why aren't they
in use today?  Did they try them out and find out they were not such good ideas?
Were they too costly?  Too difficult to manufacture?  It's a shame to have to reinvent
the wheel.

Phil

---
Phillip Ford