Key Bushing Glue

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 22:23:58 +0100

You can have these PVC glue, , aliphatic or vinyl resin glue off with steam
(as hot hide glue), but there is a residue which will stay in the wood, and
you will have to put more steam than you wish for sure.

In France, Steam is the method officially learned to have bushings and in
fact almost all cloths/felts off. You use a moist rag and a  hot iron, it is
way faster than the wallpaper method (checked the 2), and it will close a
little the hole, live no marks.
Just be careful not to steam too much, live the iron on the next keys while
you take the bushing off, go fast and everything will be fine.
Have a complete set off in less than 15 min generally (but when white glue
was used, then it is twice minimum).

Isaac OLEG