Doing crack

Howard F Jackson hjackson8@juno.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:16:37 -0600

Paul,
Since you didn't mention it, be sure to dry the board down before
repairs.  With the plate out, I lean the piano forward on the front legs
and keybed, put a strong light on the soundboard, turn the shop lights
off and if there is a crack you can see the light through it.  This may
be old hat, but thought I'd mention it.
Howard
Howard Jackson
Registered Piano Technician