Chemical Damage to D-Chaser Unit

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:16:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi Don,

Don writes:
> Chlorine doesn't stay in tap water very long.

It's interesting you should say that.

I'm not a coffee drinker anyway, so that's not
where my thoughts are going.

But if I wanted to try to make an argument
against using clorinated water in the
Dampp-Chaser system, your statement may have
helped my argument.

I have indeed heard that clorine quickly
"evaporates" from clorinated water when set out
in the open air.

When a Dampp-Chaser system is filled, it is
normally filled from the kitchen sink via a
watering can used for convenient transport of the
"gaseous" liquid in question and into the bowels
of said tank within a matter of a minute or so.
Hmmm... where's the clorine go?  Same place as
the water went, into the piano.

Just having some fun with it playing the devil's
advocate.  I'm probably all "wet"!  :-)

Back to work...  (my wife says I've been inhaling
too many paint fumes)  ;-)

Brian T.

=====
Brian Trout