Key Bushing Glue

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:12:49 -0500

Elmer's Glue-All is a milk derived casine glue, which when cured, will
be nearly impossible to remove without wood tear out because it is far
stronger than the wood and it is not soluble by anything that is safe
for humans or wood.  Cure time is 24 to 48 hours.  Set time is about two
hours, depending upon how much water is in the glue.

Casine was used as a base for paint for years and years.  Most modern
strippers will NOT touch that paint.  It can pit it or haze it but
removal is nearly impossible unless you get just the perfect solvent for
casine glue/paint, of which I know nothing of right now.

Hot hide glue has and is the glue of choice because it IS removable.
Casine glue will have to be removed by a router instead of heat and /or
steam.

Using casine glue is doing yourself a favor but not one for the
customer, the piano or the next technician who has to try to remove
those bushings safely in the future.

		Newton