Key Bushing Glue

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:58:44 -0500

Friends,

I don't replace many key bushing sets, but when I do I've been using Elmer's
Glue-All Multi-Purpose glue.  It holds the new bushings well and is also easily
removable.  I know this because I am always a little skitterish about getting the
right size bushing cloth, so I bring a front rail and balance rail bushing home
with me, glue in several sizes on a couple trial keys, then go with the best
fit.  This necessitates removing the several that are the wrong size, and I've
never had any trouble.

Years ago I sent the keys out to be rebushed.  Sometimes they came back with way
too much sideways play, so after taking one of Spurlock's classes I decided I can
do better myself.

Regards,
Clyde