Key Bushing Glue

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 22:45:04 -0600

>Ron N,
>I have it on good authority, that on of the "Key Makers" is using kraft type
>hot melt glue sticks! I hope the hell I never have to replace the bushings
>on those!
>Joe Garrett

I don't know Joe. The stuff comes in all sorts of different flavors and
strengths, so it's probably not necessarily a poor glue. Bushings should
steam out OK, but if the glue sticks to the wood at all, it would melt
right in. I'd be concerned about whether other glues would stick to the
residue for the next guy. Of course you know that someone out there is
almost certainly using CA or Titebond II. It's getting dangerous to do your
own key bushing - or send them out, for that matter.

Ron N