String termination devices

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 23:29:15 -0600

> Del
> I recall seeing some type of termination device on the Schimmel uprights. I
> think they were built in Faribault Minnesota during the 1920's. The piano I
> tuned had a good sound, but I can only speak for that one. Your diagram is
> vaguely familiar. Anyone else see one of these?

Yep, or at least photos. John Dewey sent me a few shots of something similar he
had seen in an old upright, brand unknown. I had drawn up something like this
too, only simpler, a few years ago using a U channel with pressed in pins for
bearing bars. Never got around to making some and trying the idea out though.

Ron N