SAMA PIANO

GBOLES@AOL.COM GBOLES@AOL.COM
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 22:23:45 EST

Gary,
I met Guy Nichols (Las Cruces, NM) at the Texas State Association 2001 PTG
Seminar in October. I believe he works for SAMA. He held a grand piano action
handling mini-tech class, and it was excellent. He showed us this thing they
do with an aluminum doorstop threshold to handle grand hammers and to
lubricate bushings and centerpins. It was amazing!
He discussed the economy of motion they try to use in their rebuilding shops
to make them more efficient, which saves them time and saves their customers
$$$, while doing a very complete job. Although I cannot personally vouch for
the quality of their finished product because I haven't seen one of SAMA's
rebuilds, but if Guy Nichols is typical of their techs, then I would submit
that SAMA would be worth considering. (Look him up in the PTG Directory)

Greg Boles
Denham Springs, LA