Tuned front duplexes

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 07:44:20 -0500

> But, as you say, why torture the pianist in order to get a little
> more 'projection.' It always comes at the expense of sustain and dynamic
> range, specifically at the bottom end.

Specifically, what do you mean by bottom end? The lower partials of each
note? Or the characteristic of a piano's tone to change a bit when playing
softly (I think that is part of "dynamic range")?

I'm enjoying reading this thread immensely. I was going to ask about the
maximum practical size of an auditorium for good piano performance. I'm glad
you commented on that.

Thanks.

Terry Farrell