Oops?

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 21:24:54 -0800

Gee thanks, Terry,...another post of yours, brimming with the wisdom of 3
years of experience...I'm so glad you explained that to me...

David I.

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 11/7/01 at 6:09 PM Farrell wrote:
Gosh David, if "I may be favoring the pitch to the sharp side as I'm going
a long", then you are pulling the string sharp. Pulling the string sharp is
called overpull. If you end up at your targeted pitch, your "slight roll to
the right" simply must be an appropriate overpull to compensate for the
amount the piano will go flat after the pitch raise pass. I don't think it
can really vary from that.

Terry Farrell
----- Original Message -----
From: David Ilvedson
To: pianotech
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 5:52 PM
Subject: Re: Oops?

Terry,

To continue:  I don't overpull because I don't like broken strings...of
course this isn't any quarantee a string won't break but it won't be
because of too much tension...I also like the feel of bringing it up rather
than down.  I also don't overpull on new pianos where strings are not
likely to break...

David I.

Hmmmmm. Why do you not use any overpull to get the piano to pitch?

Terry Farrell