Was Voicing M&H BB/ Now tuned duplexes

Duplexdan@AOL.COM Duplexdan@AOL.COM
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 22:53:41 EST

Dear Ron,

Sorry to appear to be importuning you with correspondance but I am only able
at this time to respond to one communique at a time, and this one I opened
after I had responded to your last.

Just one point among many that bear discussion:

The duplex lengths varied for the three unisons.

By this I believe you mean that the three strings of the unison varied. If I
am correct then the point I would like to make may be worth considering. And
that is this:

When the speaking length unison is in tune and the duplex portions of that
unison are not , but are fairly close, one being on the money the other high,
and the other low, it is indeed possible to TUNE THE DUPLEX UNISON FROM THE
HITCH PIN, which of course will knock out the speaking length temporarily,
and then retune the speaking length WITHOUT DESTOYING THE DUPLEX UNISON.

I demonstrate this phenomenon continually in my seminars, to the amazement of
technicians. I also have  videos of this procedure, in case you would like to
see and hear it. It is not magic, it is based on the ability of side and
downbearing points along the string to  allow a certain degree of adjustment
of one portion of the string to withstand the adjustment of another.
Theoretically, I will be the first to admit I am not a scientist,, I am a
practical technician. And this procedure works. But dont take my word for it.
In your search seek out technicians who will bear witness. I suspect there
may be more than a few. I Hop, I mean Hope.

Duplexdan