Pitch Raising

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:19:27 -0800 (PST)

If you recommend splicing, then is there a way to
splice strings IN the speaking lengths?  I have
spliced a couple bass strings (one of which broke
again and I had to replace cause the break was too
close to the winding).  I've heard that it's not a
good idea to splice plain-wire strings in the speaking
length.  Middle C broke at the bridge (I've replaced
the string so that one is OK now.)