Oops?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 18:09:02 -0500

Gosh David, if "I may be favoring the pitch to the sharp side as I'm =
going a long", then you are pulling the string sharp. Pulling the string =
sharp is called overpull. If you end up at your targeted pitch, your =
"slight roll to the right" simply must be an appropriate overpull to =
compensate for the amount the piano will go flat after the pitch raise =
pass. I don't think it can really vary from that.

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Ilvedson=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 5:52 PM
  Subject: Re: Oops?

    Terry,

    To continue:  I don't overpull because I don't like broken =
strings...of course this isn't any quarantee a string won't break but it =
won't be because of too much tension...I also like the feel of bringing =
it up rather than down.  I also don't overpull on new pianos where =
strings are not likely to break...

    David I.

    Hmmmmm. Why do you not use any overpull to get the piano to pitch?

    Terry Farrell

    ----- Original Message -----=20