Tuned front duplexes

Wed, 07 Nov 2001 23:08:56 +0100

Ah yes... well... hehe..  figured you had something in mind there.....

Lets see then.. I was just responding to the point brought up by Phil about
sound projection, and Dels response to it.  I thought I had made it pretty
clear that I was simply confirming that a difference in carrying power can be
easily heard when comparing the Steinway 9 footer to the comparable Yamaha. I
also said pretty straid out that I was not speaking to any relationship to the
front duplex... tho I did get a kick out of your quirp about the bass.

Tho I have never actually gone to the trouble of measuring it, I was under the
impression that the Yamaha uses the same configuration as the Steinway for its
front duplex. Combined with the difference in carrying power that sort of
speaks against any relationship between the tuned front duplex and carrying
power to begin with.. So I thought I didnt really need to speak away from the
front duplex issue more then I did.

I mentioned the experience just as a side to the  interesting discussion that
you all have been continuing.

I dont think that if the front duplex actually had anything to do with this
carrying power that taping off would affect it. Speculation on my part... but I
cant see on the surface of it how that carrying power could be so easily turned
off if you get my meaning.

Thanks for your reply.

--
Richard Brekne