Money to spend, RCT/SAT III?

Dale Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:52:09 -0600

Rob,
I've been using TuneLabPro for some time on a notebook as well as on the
IPAQ Pocket PC. You might check it out. The IPAQ is the best tool I have
bought in some time and as my wife can testify, I am a tool hound.
Best,
Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of robert goodale
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 12:55 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Money to spend, RCT/SAT III?

Howdy...

I saw a new tax accountant today who was highly recommended
to me by the dealer I do subcontract work for.  Indeed he is very
aggressive and really rolled up his sleeves.  After lengthy discussion
on business expenses, income, etc., he says that I could probably safely
purchase up to about 12K before the end of the year and get a 100%
deduction as a business expense. "Wow" I said.  This is not to say that
it is "free money" in the sense that if I spend it the government pays
for it, rather it's just that in my current situation "IF" I can afford
to spend a little money right now he can take full advantage of it for
me as a total tax right off.

This afternoon I took my first step in that direction and bought a
beautiful new notebook computer fully loaded. Since I still technically
have a substancial amount I could spend I thought I might consider the
Rayburn program, (I'm currently using the SAT II and happy with it but
heck there maybe an advantage here).  I have a couple of questions which
have already probably been rehashed a million times on this list but
since it has never applied/interested me up until now I've always opted
to use my delete key at will.

1.  How much does the program cost these days?
2.  Of those who have used BOTH, (I'm talking to these folks
specifically mind you not just anyone with an opinion and endless
tangents), which did you prefer, the SAT III or the Rayburn for EVERYDAY
in and out tunings?

I could just as well spend money on an SAT III instead so
both deserve consideration.  I'm not completely sold on the Verituner
yet so I'm not including that in the equation.  I could also also very
well buy neither at this point because I have a lot of very expensive
shop equipment I would like to purchase too and money is limited.  I
just wanted to hear, (briefly) what folks think and put it on my
consideration list.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV