Tuned front duplexes

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:03:20 -0600

>Grin.... thats quite an amusing misread of my words... but then you did
that on
>poipose didnt you...??
>--
>Richard Brekne

Yes and no. I got to thinking after I'd posted that and gone out into
Service Land, that it probably sounded a tad terse. It wasn't supposed to,
but I was picking on you as you assumed. Except it wasn't a misread. It was
because your illustration didn't speak to any relationship of duplex tuning
to projection, so I wonder why you mentioned it. I also wonder, since I've
heard the thing about projection with tuned front duplexes too, where are
the reports of experiments involving listening, then taping off, then
listening again? I know, tape kills the system, but a small oval bar could
be slid in under the duplex from the end, then cranked up on edge to
provide a reasonably solid de-tuned length for a one note difference test.
Then again, while taping messes up sustain, what does it do to
"projection"? Obviously not many conclusions can be drawn by comparing two
distinctly different pianos, but where are the cause and effect experiments
within one system on the projection thing?

Here's someone's chance to spend a couple of hours doing "what if", publish
their findings, become immortal, get on the seminar circuit, and be
continually misquoted through all remaining eternity. Yes, that's
"remaining" eternity. We have, after all, already used some up.

Then again, maybe it's already been done and the results are just being
misquoted.

Ron N