Tuned front duplexes

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 23:56:47 0000

One thing I don't believe I saw mentioned in the discussion of front duplexes
is the carrying power of the sound with the tuned front duplex.  The noises
that are caused by these are certainly annoying when you're seated at the
piano.  However, I've heard more than one technician say that that noise
contributes to the carrying power of the sound in a hall.  Having never made
any direct comparisons I can't confirm or deny this.  Do others have comments
about this?

Phil
---
Phillip Ford