Pitch Raising

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:26:12 -0800

Bill Bremmer & List,
I've been following this "thread". Yes, Bill, if you use the pitch raising
program, as I outlined in the PTJ, Dec.1999, it is very possible to get
"Dead on", with just two passes on a 100cent pitch raise. If it doesn't
happen, then I would be looking very carefully at the overall structure of
the "victim piano". If the piano is solid, there should be no problem of
attaining pitch in two passes.
As for the "Stretch" factors, that others are advocating, YIKES! They must
like replacing strings. Some of those "over-shoots" are far in excess of the
normal sting breakage tolerances. My advice is: DON'T DO THAT!
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)