"perfect pitch"

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 11:34:29 -0500 (EST)

Dave Nereson wrote:
3. If I adjust the note and put it right back
where it was, they agree that it is alright now!
------------
I have made a point of testing several musicians
with "perfect pitch". I've met one that can actually
tell a fork is a few cents flat or sharp.
But even here we have incredible pitch memory,
with some margin of error. For the most part, the
ability to name a random pitch begets a level of
pride, labeled perfection, making their ears the final
authority.

So after much research, and careful contemplation
I have concluded the following famous quote tells
all.

Perfect pitch:

  The ability to toss the banjo into the toilet
without hitting the rim.

                      Cheers
                      David Renaud

Build your own website for free and in minutes at http://ca.geocities.com