Piano tuning training

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:06:47 EST

In a message dated 11/5/01 7:54:58 AM Central Standard Time,
tomtuner@mediaone.net (Tom Driscoll)
 writes:

> Lev,
>     The most important  criteria is to be able to listen to the following
> comments from customers for the duration of your working life:
>
>         1. When I was a kid we had a piano tuner who was blind !
>         2. You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish !
>         3. When I was a kid we had an old piano and my Father and brothers
> smashed it up and
>             took it to the dump !
>         4.This was my Grandmothers Betsy Ross spinet---she was a concert
> pianist !
>         5.Do you do this full time?
>         6. How did you get into this line of work---Did your father teach
> you ?
>         7. So you must play the piano .
>
>         I could go on but my business line is ringing------Hello.--- No you
> don't have to bring the piano to me----

And last but not least as you are contemplating the 100+ cent pitch raise on
the Krummy Konsole with verdigris sluggish action, "Oh, bye the way, my
daughter has Perfect Pitch", a comment meant to warn you that your work will
be carefully scrutinized.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin