Oops

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 03:47:50 -0400

Hi Warren,
I had missed the meaning of prang in your message.
In a situation, where I think there is a danger of
string breakage, I like you would do a 2 pass for over
100c. But I would not have the overshoot. 125c I might
just do the 1 pitch raise, then fine tune, if I think
it can take it without string breakage
I know it will still be off by a few cents, so I
suggest that I come back in 3 or 4 months, and then
the piano will have settled out and accept a fine
tuning better.
I also say, if the tuning bothers them to call me
within a week, and I give them a special price. In all
the years I have been tuning, I have only had one
person call me within the week.
Sorry, I missed the string breakage inference, on your
first posting.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada