"perfect pitch"

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 00:03:25 +0100

Hi,

Same anecdote, same make, same client violinist, piano 440 (tad less) think
it was 442.

Asked 442 and had 442 in 2 passes or almost.

For a professional musician, if 442 asked first I verify if it is important
(why), then do it exactly if wanted. may be it will be necessary to tune it
sooner, but if they want an instrument with a reference pitch of 442, I will
do my best to stabilize (definitively) the piano at 442, and write it on a
key for the future.

For concert tunings, that's an other story, as the piano will be where it
will stay stable and we may forget to talk about the pitch sometime ...

Isaac OLEG