YC Strike Weights etc

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 23:13:40 +0100

David Love wrote:

> Why would you move the capstans?  What are the BW's on these samples.  Is

Havent checked the BW's on this one yet as it has all these assist
springs, and I dont really work in that order right now anyways. I
typically even out SW's at the delineator between medium and heavy,
allign FW's too ceiling values, and make the stuff inbetween fit for the
desired BW /WBW spec.

> the convergence line for the naturals where you want it?

What do you mean by "convergence line" ?

> You won't be able to get an even key ratio and maintain a straight >capstan line.

I kinda got figured as much...grin.

 Somebody screwed up at the balance rail and keys positioning the
> balance rail pins.  You will have a bumpy graph on the FW's because of the
> KR differences between the naturals and sharps.  No avoiding that.  A
> staggered capstan line will create other problems.

Actually, and especially given the time / money limit I have on this
one... I aggree. Seems the best way to go all in all... Even SW's and
FW's ,deal with friction issues... and use the assists springs do make
up the difference.

But if I had gotten enough pay on this.. you would suggest resetting the
black balance rail pin positions ?

 Unless you are willing

--
Richard Brekne