What will become of Baldwin Pianos?

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:23:23 -0800 (PST)

specifically the Hamilton and Wurlitzer uprights.  I
have especially liked the tone of the ones made (I
think) in the 50s through 70s.  Also, I have played a
light wood color Hamilton probably made in the 60s or
70s (don't know the serial number so I have no way of
dating it) several times, and it has pretty good tone
in the bass for its size (almost as good as my 56"
Ricca & Son).  If I ever was going to get an upright
smaller than 52" or 48", it would be a used 45"
Baldwin Hamilton (I WOULD like to get one of these
someday), a 42" Wurlitzer 2270 series, or a 37"
Wurlitzer 1170 series.  I also would like to be able
to try out the Wurlitzer WP-60 someday.