Lester Grand

Ron & Lorene Shiflet rshiflet@eaznet.com
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 10:03:22 -0700

    I have a friend who is moving and has a Lester Grand to move.  I =
went by his home the other night to tie the action down and I'm embassed =
to admit it, I could not pull the action.
    Here's the specifics:
  a.. The keyslip was removed
  b.. The cheek blocks were loose
  c.. All screws from underneath were gone
  d.. The cheekblocks were attached to the fallboard either from behind =
or beneath.  I could not un attach them.  At the same time, the key rail =
 was hinged to the fallboard. =20
  e.. When I would try to lift the fallboard, it would butt up against =
the pin block. =20
  f.. The sharps would not depress far enough that the boardes would =
remove. =20
  g.. Since the cheeks blocks were loose I could not unattach the =
fallboard from the cheekblocks underneath.
  h.. The fallbopard would not drop forward enough for me to ascertain =
if the falbaord was attached to the cheekblocks from underneath.
    What am I missing?

Ron Shiflet