Buzz Problem

Maxpiano@AOL.COM Maxpiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:10:54 EDT

Drat those intermittents!  I stopped at the client's home tonight armed with
all those recommendations from Del, Jon, Don, Dave (did I forget anybody?)
for which I am very thankful.  But...

No sign of a buzz, growl or rattle.  Pressing on the souldboard no longer
causes a scraping sound.  Client said the pedal was squeaking yesterday, but
that had also stopped.  On my initial visit 2 days ago, I had applied some
thin CA through holes along one rib, which did no good.  Client said the buzz
was bad yesterday.  Tonight I took Jon's advice, bought some cheap artist
brushes and painted thin CA into the nose bolt hole as a hedge against the
sound returning.  Tapping on the board gives no indication of any loose
lamination.

Blame it on changes in humidity and chalk it up to experience, I guess.  I've
asked the customer to let me know if the sound returns, as I will be passing
by again in several months.

Thanks again, everybody!

Bill Maxim
Maxim Piano Service