You people are staring to scare me.

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:01:04 -0400

I agree with Willem. When I have finished a piano, I call the client and =
invite them to my shop to inspect the completed piano to be sure it =
meets with their approval. I tell them that if by chance they see =
anything that is of concern to them, it will be a lot easier and better =
for me to be able to address their concern in my shop rather than in =
their home. When they are in your shop and they give their approval, you =
say "Well, wonderful, let's settle the final bill so that I can arrange =
for delivery."

Terry Farrell
 =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 6:32 PM
  Subject: Re: You people are staring to scare me.

  In a message dated 6/29/01 2:41:36 PM Central Daylight Time,=20
  tito@PhilBondi.com writes:=20

    I'm delivering a Baldwin R back to a customer later in =
July..re-strung, new=20
    hammers, etc. .. he gave me 1/3 up front.=20

    It was the easiest 'sell' I ever had for a re-'whatever'.=20

    Now, with all this talk about getting paid, I find myself getting a =
little=20
    scared because it WAS an easy sell for this re-whatever.=20

    I hope I'm wrong, and my paranoia is unfounded.=20

    roo(k)=20

  The most important thing to remember is that as long as you have the =
piano,=20
  he has to pay you if he wants it back. The best advice I can give you =
is, DO=20
  NOT, I repeat, DO NOT let the piano out of your shop until he has paid =
the=20
  balance due.=20

  Willem=20