bore distance: was Re: hammer replacement

David Love davidlovepianos@hotmail.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:10:42 -0000

Newton:

Another issue is the starting point for the shank.  Boring to the let-off
point positions the shank slightly higher and reduces resistance at the
beginning of the key stroke effectively reducing the force required to get
the key moving.  (I'm sure there's a more technical explanation)

David Love