Del Fandrich articles

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:45:56 -0400

PTG Journal May '87 pg. 12. No way is that Del Fandrich. And that is not
Alan Vincent below the aforementioned impostor. No way. Ugh, uh. Nadda. I've
met both of them at the last couple conventions. Noooooooo waaaaay. Nope.
Sorry.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip L Ford" <fordpiano@lycos.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 8:02 PM
Subject: Del Fandrich articles

> The following is a list of articles by or about Del Fandrich appearing in
the PTG Journals 1979 - 1999.  This list was compiled by searching the 20
Years of the Piano Technicians Journal CD.  I don't guarantee that this list
is comprehensive.  I haven't checked my paper copies of 2000 & 2001 Journals
to see if there are any other articles.  I will do this when I have time.  I
also have this info on a Word file.  If anyone would like a copy then please
e-mail me directly and I will attempt to send it to you.

> All About Adhesives Part I: History, Bonding Theory -
> April 1985
>
> All About Adhesives Part II : Casein Glue & Synthetics - May 1985
>
> All About Adhesives Part III: The Mechanics of Adhesive Bonding - July
1985

> All About Adhesives - Epoxies: Aunt Matilda's Teacup And Wooden Boats -
October 1985

> About The Craft - Abrasives Part I:  What kind of Sandpaper Did you use? -
February 1986

> About The Craft - Abrasives Part II - April 1986
>
> For the curious - a picture of Del in his younger days - May 1987 pg 12
>
> Del Fandrich at the Portland Convention - November 1989 (article by Nick
Gravagne)

> Dear Susan - Glue Pots - January 1990
>
> The Fandrich Piano - May 1992
>
> NAMM 94 - May 1994 (Article by Yat-Lam Hong with quotes from Fandrich)
>
> Tuning Stability in Pianos - February 1995
>
> Q&A - Non-Parallel Bridge Notching - May 1995
>
> The Designer's Notebook - V-bars, Pressure Bars and Duplex Scales -
> June 1995
>
> The Designer's Notebook - Front Duplex Stringing Scales -August 1995
>
> Letters - Non-Parallel Bridge Notching - September 1995
>
> The Designer's Notebook ... If It Ain't Broke -- Break it! Or ...There is
No Such Thing as a Finished Product - October 1995

> The Designer's Notebook...Piano Power, Sustain - November 1995
>
> The Designer's Notebook - Dampers - Why Are They So Darn Much Trouble? -
December 1995

> The Designer's Notebook - The Mechanics & Strength of Wood & Wood
Structures Part 1- Basic Mechanics - April 1996

> Letters - More on Tuned Duplex Scales - May 1996
>
> The Mechanics & Strength of Wood & Wood Structures Part II - June 1996
>
> Letters - More on Humidity  Related Pitch Changes - August 1996
>
> Action Power Part I - Exploring the Limits of Piano Action Dynamics -
> August 1996
>
> Action Power Part II - Improving Piano Action, Efficiency & Power -
December 1996

> The Problem of Small Pianos Part I - The Designer's Notebook - July 1997
>
> Q&A Special - Questions for Del Fandrich - September 1997
>
> Q&A Special - Tightening Plate Screws & Bolts: Are We Overdoing It? -
October 1997

> The Designer's Notebook - Soundboard Damage - A Guide to Sound-board
Cracks & Other Maladies Part I - December 1997

> The Designer's Notebook - Soundboard Damage - A Guide To Sound-board
Cracks & Other Maladies Part II - January 1998

> The Designer's Notebook - Soundboard Damage - A Guide to Sound-board
Cracks & Other Maladies Part III - February 1998

> The Designer's Notebook - The Problem of Small Pianos Part II:  The
Bass/Tenor Crossover - April 1998

> First Responses to Richard Brown's "Some Thoughts on the Design of Bass
Strings" - January 1999