FW: Yamaha service bond

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:12:41 -0700

    Now Bill, you're getting a little "strident" again. That said, I'd =
have to agree with you whole-heartedly, on the concept of certain =
individual dealers doing this.
    I mentioned a large dealer in the Los Angeles area that I had to =
terminate my relationship with over the fact that he sent me out to do a =
service bond on a vertical. I charged him extra for the extra work, and =
he called me asking, basically; "What the heck is this?"    He told me =
that he had 104 other technicians doing service bonds for him, and NOT =
ONE OF THEM ever charged extra for doing one. How many of the "other =
guys" do you think were actually doing it the way Yamaha wanted to have =
it done? I bought a new Yamaha before I ever even thought about going =
into this line of work. I bought it from this same dealer that I later =
"blew off". My technician was an RPT named Gene Rudder, and he did the =
work the way that Yamaha wanted it done. He also was instrumental in =
helping me to learn the trade.   He was in his eighties at this time, =
and for the most part retired.  When I think of him "doing the right =
thing" without getting paid; well, I just want TO GO BERSERK!!!!!!!!!!!
    In the discussion with the dealer over my prices/ work performed, I =
finally saw that talking about it with him was about as fruitful as =
banging your head on the wall. So I told him, rather matter of factly, =
that with his personal code of ethics, I felt that he would be happier =
selling used cars, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  and that was that.=20
   =20
    Since then, I have come to realize that our little community is =
pretty tight knit, and that it's better to try to keep things like this =
on a more polite level, but believe me, it didn't hurt my business any. =
I guess I was lucky that time. I am just amazed that for once in my life =
I learned a lesson without having to suffer consequences first. Now I =
need to apply it to other areas of my life........

    Now Kevin, you're  getting a little strident =

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20