Needling Technique? obliterized felt

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:36:07 -0700

Richard Brekne wrote
> > Hmmm thats odd... I have used perhaps 50 sets of new Able
hammers...never once
> > had one that I could consider hard. Some need more voicing then others
when
> > installed in differeing pianos. But never have I ever had any trouble
getting
> > a needle in them.

> >> The last two (2) sets I tried were hard as committee designed rocks,
right
> >> out of the box. For now at least, I'm cured of even considering them.
> >>
> >> Ron N

    Hhhhmmmmmmm
   I 'm with you ( whoever you are)on the abels.  I have heard and voiced
several sets with mixed results( some very good some not even  satisfactory)
Honestly what is the purpose of making them so bloody hard to begin with?
My unsoliceted advice is to lighten up on the steam when pressing them up to
begin with . Needlling felt is fine and normal, jack hammering it is not! It
makes no sense to me to have to be oblidged to obliterate the
elt( especially the treble) to get tone.
     We should form a new commettee to lokk into this.  Yeah ,I know ,we'll
call it the hammer police commitee
   Dale Erwin