S&S plate touch up?

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:45:03 -0500

> Murray knows Varsol as Varnish Solvent.  Said he hasn't seen it for a long
> time.  When the paint store opens again on Monday, I will ask them.
>
> The tape marks I see in the plate are not residue on top of the plate, but
> greyish-brown marks that seem to have seeped into the finish.
>
> Diane

Hi Diane,
              You may be dealing with rust from within. The corrosion is
blistering outwards.  No amount of rubbing is going to help. I've seen some of
this on the grey market Yamahas.  Not sure what i would try if this is the
case.
Take a second more careful look, and see if it is from on top of the plate, or
the problem is coming from under the finish.
Just a thought.
Roger