Piano choice. Thoughts please

David Boyce David@bouncer.force9.co.uk
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:32:37 +0100

Hi all,

Roger, thanks for your very useful comments about the Fazioli.  They told
us in the shop that Angela Hewit had just bought one.  I think they're
gradually gaining recognition as a superb instrument.

Your comments about octaves 5 & 6 on the Bosendorfer are similart to what
was said by Jeff lloyd, the tuner who was in tuning the Fazioli.  he spoke
about the ned to do a second pass there when tuning.  I do always find the
sound of Bosendorfers on recordings quite exciting tho. I've got a couple
of CD's of Faziolis but they don't sparkle in the recordings somehow.

Keep the opinions coming folks, I will be chatting about this in the
College tomorrow (Friday) so the more feedback I have from here the better!

What do you all think about Steinway AS or secondhand B?

Best wishes,

David.