rapid cycling

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:44:14 -0600

Hi Paul,

The reason that the moisture content of the instrument *may* be better with
rapid cycling is due to the nature of wood. It is a hydroscopic material
that tends to give up moisture slowly. With rapid cycling therefore the
actual water content of the board in theory should be more constant.

I have measured a pitch change of 14 cents at A4 in 24 hours when a DC unit
was plugged in at an extremely dry location. The piano was a Steinway 6'6"
(or there about). This was without a floor length cover.

At 07:43 PM 06/20/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>In either case the RH bounces back and forth between the trigger points
>of the
>humidification and dehumidification systems.  I don't see that bouncing
>back an
>forth faster makes the environment more consistent.
>
>Paul Larudee

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/