Sojin Pianos

Glenn Grafton glenn@graftonpiano.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:38:07 -0400

>Hello,
>
>My church is considering buying a Sojin piano.  We have received a lot of
>negative feedback about Sojin.  Could anyone give me some specific reasons
>(more specific than "they are entry level", or "they aren't as good as
>Yamaha")?  We don't want to make a big mistake, but we need facts to make
>our decision.

Sojin was about the lowest quality of the three Korean pianos (below
Samick & Young Chang).

Korean pianos in general are not the greatest quality instruments to
start with.

I believe Sojin is no longer making pianos either.

Of course if the price of the piano is very attractive that may sway
your decision, but go into it with both eyes open. You may be better
off stretching a little price wise for something better in the long
run. A Yamaha grand would be a better investment in the long run.

To get some feel on the opinions about Sojin Pianos, go to:
http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/deja_announcement.html
type in Sojin pianos

This will search the archives of the newsgroups (primarily
re.music.makers.piano)

Here's one example:

--
Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.