vacuums

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:32:19 -0500

On 6/18/01 6:27 AM, "Howard S. Rosen" <hsrosen@gate.net> wrote:

> While
> blowing is excellent for soundboard dust and other things, does it present
> other problems for the customer who might object to dust flying around and
> settling in their home?

I use a vacuum more often to blow out an action rather than a whole piano.

I won't blow out a piano unless I have warned its owner that the dust could
be settling in their house for days. Then I first vacuum out the piano, and
use cloths on the keybed and soundboard; when the piano _looks_ clean after
vacuuming and wiping, then I finish up by blowing things out.

Kent Swafford