CA and Bridgepins

Edward Meijer edwardmeijer@planet.nl
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 15:31:17 +0200

Hi Richard,

I have learnd that white glue and metal contact will harm the metal. It wil
rust and gives brown nasty spots on wood.

We tryed the old warm glue on the bridgepins of  a  restrung (or is it
restringed) Bechstein (1920) grand for about 10 years ago.
The glue gets real hard and it wil give no stains.
That instrument had on the treble side a lot of strings that  has been
giving troubles with tuning.
Famous self vibrating strings?
In The Netherlands we say "zelf zwevende snaren"

Well what happend.
After all these years this instrument has a very nice clear treble side.
It has no self vibrating strings anymore.
Just what jou say:
The falsness dissapeared completely.. > this thing sounds now clean as a
whistle.
And that after 10 years.

Greatings from:

Edward Meijer