Museum's Mason&Risch/first one??

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 12:23:36 -0400

Of interest to my fellow Canadian list members.

Canadian Museum of Civilization is starting a collection of pianos.
They have a Mason and Risch #101,,,,One hundred and one.

Was is common practice for some companies to start numbering
101-102-103....so a client would not think an instrument was their
very first prototype?

Large upright, two strings per unison throughout except lowest bass.
Modern looking action for the most part....not a birdcage.

This company registered in 1871.

I'm going for a closer look next month.
Anything people want me to look for...signatures..etc.

                                 Cheers
                                 Dave Renaud
                                 RPT