Mystery grand damper dilemma

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:00:21 -0500

Hi Terry,
             Humidity changes can make the span of the guide rail flex as
much as 1mm causing the wire to bind in the guides.
A modification is in the works to make it a solid back support.   The
humidity movement also seems to cause the screws to loosen.  I have often
fixed the problem by loosening the rail screws and shifting the rail a
little.  But the fix is temporary.
Roger