Soundboard Evaluation

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:42:54 -0400

Hi Roger. I have a Lowell gauge and know how to use it - when its foot is
not broken. I finally got Tom Lowell's phone number yesterday - I will call
him to see if he will sell me just the foot. I have this mental thing about
not buying a new tool when I already have 95% of the tool. Unfortunately, I
will spend several hours and miss out on $200 worth of labor charges just to
save $40. It's this human thing. It troubles me from time to time.

Is it worth putting in a new board? Well, I think because it is a good
quality but smaller piano, it would be marginal. Add to the mix that it is
half eaten by termites (not the keybed, mind you!) it is likely not the best
candidate for a new board. Add to that the fact that the piano will be in
the lobby being played extensively for folks that are looking for a small
bright spot in their day and that it was donated by some VERY influential
dude (and this is the ONLY piano they will EVER have in the lobby) - I think
it pushes the balance in favor of doing a quality rebuilding job, including
a new board.

BTW, the piano is at the Roger Jolly Cancer and Research Center, in Moose
Jaw, Yukon Territory

I sound pretty convincing, don't I! Now, what is your address so that I can
mail you a contract for your signature?

Terry Farrell