Sojin grand

Jon Ralinovsky ralinoj@muohio.edu
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:02:14 -0500

>Greetings -
>
>I have been asked to look at a new 4'10" Sojin grand for a perspective
>buyer.  Aside from the obvious limitations of an instrument of this size,
>does anyone have any track record with these instruments that could help
>in my assessment?  This will be the first Sojin I have run across.
>
>Thanks...
>
>Mark Potter
>bases-loaded@juno.com

Mark,
I work on a Sojin grand periodically.  Overall, I would say it's on
the low end of grands (as you might expect).  The only repairs I've
had to do so far are regluing the lyre back together and taking care
of a hammer that wouldn't return - this time it was the hammer flange
pinning, tight in the bushing and loose in the birdseye.  I haven't
worked on the instrument for a while, but if I were inspecting one,
I'd take a close look at the action center pinning.  Other than that,
nothing out of the ordinary to bring to your attention.

If you need more information, feel free to contact me.

Respectfully,
Jon

Jon Ralinovsky
Piano Technician