Was/broken plate bolt

Wilsons wilson53@marshall.edu
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:21:15 -0400

All you say is true, and the varnish does not "glue" the screw to the wood.
 However, it is the observation of others and myself that when it dries, it
does have a tightening effect on the tuning pin.   The prime purpose of
using it is for driving the pin, and it may smooth the turning somewhat
where the drilling may wander slightly.  That never happened to me, of
course!  :)

Wally