Overs' grand nearing completion for Reno

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:19:49 +1000

To all on the list,

Our new 225 cm (7'4") grand piano No. 003, which is being constructed
for exhibit at Reno, is nearing completion. Several unanticipated
problems have caused us to be somewhat behind schedule, and we are
frantically working to finish the piano before it is due to be packed
for transit on June 25. I am now centering the action, and stringing
which is under way should be completed by this Thursday.

No photos are available yet (a photo shoot is scheduled for next
Tuesday), but so far we are delighted with the standard of finish.
The modified laminated sound board sounds very good from what we have
heard so far, and we are looking forward to exhibiting the piano
alongside the present leading manufacturers. We have gone to a great
deal of trouble and expense in an effort to produce this piano to the
highest standards, and after some consultation and consideration,
have decided to offer it for sale at the convention as a show special
for US$39,000. We will be inviting dealer enquires from interested
parties to represent us in the US on a long term basis. We are
planning to market these instruments initially in the US for
US$49,000.

Should any of you like to receive a pre-convention brief
specification of our piano, just let me know using the private email
link below. Thank you.

I'd like to conclude this release by mentioning that I have enjoyed,
and will continue to enjoy, participating in list discussions after
the convention (and after getting this piano together, I'll also be
looking forward to living a normal life again when I get back to
Sydney). I look forward to meeting many of you in Reno.

Best regards to all.

Ron Overs
--
Overs Pianos